How To Grow Your Instagram: Showing Up
It’s important to make a consistent effort to be present on Instagram. I advise my clients to share content and interact at least a few times a week. Of course good, original content will help you grow quicker, but sometimes it’s worth sacrificing sharing ‘brilliant’ posts when you’re not up to it. Just show up imperfectly.
And there is also another meaning to the phrase ‘showing up’ which is relevant too. If you really start to show up as yourself, authentically, warts and all, it allows people to connect with you on a deeper level , which is truly what leads to people knowing, liking and trusting you, which leads to sales.
My Tips On Showing Up
- Regular posting leads to more follows.
- The more often I post the more followers I get. The posts in themselves may not all be particularly popular or well liked, but regular posting attracts followers. Posting often also allows your audience to get to know you which is important.
- Success on Instagram is about strengthening connections and relationships on Instagram.
- The number of followers you have isn’t what leads to sales, it’s good relationships. So showing up regularly and proactively and genuinely taking an interest in your audience will have incredible pay offs in the long run.
- Experiment with different ways of showing up.
- Be brave and experiment with different ways of showing facets of yourself on Instagram. Whether that’s voicing opinions, doing silly videos or doing a talking to camera and telling your audience why you’re having a bad day. You only find out what your audience responds to by offering them different types of content. Don’t be put off when tumbleweed hits, it’s all part of the process of learning about your audience.
- You don’t HAVE to post about your business.
- It’s fine if your content is just about lockdown for now. Maybe you’re not ready to promote your business. But showing up and talking about your life at the moment is still a valuable way for your audience to get to know you. It means they will be warmed up to you when you do start talking about your business.
- Sharing very ordinary things about your life is good content.
- Making cakes, doing the gardening, cleaning out a cupboard, books your reading, tv you’re watching – it’s all stuff you can share. It’s not groundbreaking, but it often resonates with your audience and allows them to get to know you.
Good luck with putting this all into practise. Remember it takes time and patience to build a community. You need to keep showing up and being friendly and finding people to talk to. Make your goal to build relationships, not to gain followers and if you’re proactive and brave about that, I promise you it will be a successful strategy. DM me on my Instagram Account and let me know how you’re getting on!
If you enjoyed reading this you might like to try 9 Apps To Improve Your Instagram.
Looking For Instagram Help?
There’s a number of ways I can help you:
- We can address your specific goals with my one to one online coaching.
- Invest in Special Sauce package to help you unlock your unique Instagram vibe.
- Attend one of my Zoom workshops.
- Get valuable feedback and suggestions with my Instagram MOTs.
- Sign up for my Instagram newsletter.
Find your Instagram Special Sauce
- 1.5 hr 1:1 kick starter session to dive deep into your story
- 3 further hour long 1:1 sessions
- Unlimited emails, feedback and encouragement throughout the process
I would expect this process to take about 2-3 mths, but we can spread the sessions out as you wish.